Vorpal for Photonics and Metamaterial Studies
Vorpal is a flexible, multiplatform, Particle-in-Cell (PIC) simulation tool for running computationally intensive plasma, electromagnetic and electrostatic problems. Switch easily between 1, 2, or 3 dimensions then watch your model run lightning fast using algorithms designed for the exacting demands of high performance computing systems, whether on your laptop or supercomputing cluster.
We have a few key features that enables you to take the next steps in your research:
- 1D/2D/3D solution
- Phase shifting boundary conditions
- The ability to change the update to fit any Auxilliary Differential Equation model to adapt to your dielectric or equivalent permittivity.
- Accurate cut cell surfaces (second order accurate)
- Tools for dispersion and mode analysis
- Scaling onto hundreds and thousands of CPU cores allows modelling of electrically very large structures with defects.
- Within Vorpal, one can monitor the interaction of these fields with particles