Antenna modelling with the VSim EM package
Vorpal is a flexible, multiplatform, Particle-in-Cell (PIC) simulation tool for running computationally intensive plasma, electromagnetic and electrostatic problems. Switch easily between 1, 2, or 3 dimensions then watch your model run lightning fast using algorithms designed for the exacting demands of high performance computing systems, whether on your laptop or supercomputing cluster.
Whatever your antenna problem, we have solutions to help you with the modelling.
VSim EM is the Vorpal Simulation (VSim) package for Electromagnetics. VSim EM solves electromagnetic problems for a variety of material types, yielding engineering outputs that can be used for design of electromagnetic devices.
With VSim EM, you can easily obtain the desired engineering output from your simulation and quickly determine the validity of your model for use in the design of a device. Various output types, such as S-parameters and antenna gain, are simple to achieve with VSim EM. Simulating different materials is as easy or complex as you like. With our powerful multifield interface you can choose to model novel materials. Even modeling large, detailed problems in multiple dimensionality is straightforward with VSim EM.
As part of the Vorpal computational framework, no matter your electromagnetic modeling requirements, from antenna design to photonics to metamaterials, VSim EM is the economical simulation tool with the easy learning curve that will decrease your time from design to device manufacture.
- Easy construction of complex structures
- Far field calculations
- Frequency-domain or time-domain
- Arbitary geometries
- Tool for drawing geometries and specifying materials
- Easy way to add array of single items
- Variety of material types (ie copper, niobium, etc)
- Lossfree and lossy, nonlinear, isotropic and anisotropic material properties
- Variable mesh in all coordinate systems
- Radiated-field calculations (directivity, gain, beam width, side-lobe levels, axial ratio, etc.)
- Far field post-processing
- S-parameters (single-ended, differential, de-embedded, renormalized)
- Excitation with port modes, discrete elements, discrete face ports, and plane waves (also circular and elliptical polarized)
- Variety of established boundary conditions
- Able to solve your largest problems
- FDTD with second-order embedded boundary conditions
- Easily parameterized geometries for parameter sweeping
- Powerful post-processing capabilities including S-parameters and far-field radiation patterns
- Simple migration to larger Vorpal Suite for studying advanced physics such as field emission, multipacting, charged particle impacts, and performance in a plasma environment
- Single GPU module available provided for free with VSim EM delivering solutions at reduced cost.
Example Simulations Included
These example problems that demonstrate complex geometry, dielectrics, scattering, and advanced analysis are included with VSim EM to jumpstart finding the solution to your problem:
- Photonic crystals
- Horn and patch antennas
- Dielectric field calculation
- Scattering off of an aircraft
- Far field transformations